Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Grace for the Moment

I brought along a book called “Grace for the Moment” by Max Lucado. It has morning and evening reflections for every day of the year. I thought it might be a good way to reflect on my mission experience every day. I have included a brief summary of the morning reflection for my very first day of my mission experience.

GFTM Morning Reflection for 9/23


Title: “Trust God with the Future”

Quote: “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust in me. John 14:1
Isn’t it amazing how sometimes God speaks to us through signs and symbols and sometimes he flat out says exactly what he wants us to hear? Today is one of those days when God couldn’t tell me more plainly the message he is sending. Don’t be afraid. Trust in me. I’ve got this. I’m in control. Follow me and everything will be alright.

The passage this morning says don’t be anxious about things you cannot comprehend. Wasn’t I just complaining about how I can’t figure out why God would send me to East Timor when my talents could be utilized better somewhere closer to home? I need to remember that God is in control and has a specific plan for me. All I have to do is follow along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment